At Dalton Timmis we understand how upsetting it can be when a claim occurs. We are here to make your claims settlement process as smooth as possible.
As part of our value added services, Dalton Timmis offers 24-hour emergency claims service, seven days a week.
Losses reported to your insurer stay on your history whether a claim is paid out or not. At Dalton Timmis, all losses are reported to our in-house Claims Counsellor. Coverage will be determined before a loss is reported to the insurer. Your file will also be reviewed for previous claims to determine if the reporting of an additional claim will have any effect on your policy (a raise in your deductible or possible non-renewal).
How can I report a claim?
You can reach our 24-hour, seven days a week Emergency Claims Centre by dialing 1.888.385.8466
Recommended Reporting Procedures
- Contact the following authorities as soon as possible after a loss: Police, Fire, Ministry of Transportation and/or Ministry of Environment
- Immediately report all claims to Dalton Timmis Insurance
- Report any possible injuries
- Gather witness information if any, including names and telephone numbers
- Do not make any statements following the accident
- Maintain confidentiality - speak only to your Dalton Timmis representative/broker about particulars of any accident
When you call, we'll be looking for:
- Your personal information
- Your policy number
- The date, time and description of the loss (fire, theft, accident, etc.)
- Details of any police or fire authorities involved
- Details of any third party